Kayak fishing classes include guided trips for river smallmouth bass on the Susquehanna River or Juniata River. Guided classes will cover topics such as paddling technique, holding position, fish behavior, pattern development, lure presentation, and strategies. There are two ways to take a class. We offer “one-on-one” instruction and “group” instruction. Please see below for details.
Note: The Susquehanna River is closed to all bass fishing from May 1, 2013 to June 14, 2013.
Guided Kayak Fishing Class (8 hours)
Guided Kayak Fishing Classes are our specialty. We guide on some of the most beautiful and scenic waters in central Pennsylvania. It will be a “classroom” like non you’ve ever experienced. You’ll spend the day immersed in kayak fishing. Classes consist of some brief lectures on specific topics however the cornerstone of our classes is “on the water”, “hands on” instruction! This is where 98% of the learning will take place.
I prefer to guide a maximum of 3 kayak anglers during a Guided Kayak Fishing Class . Limiting the numbers of anglers helps to ensure that you receive plenty of one on one instruction.
- You are welcome to bring your own kayak, gear, and baits.
- If needed, we can provide a kayak. We use Wilderness Systems “sit on top” kayaks which offer many advantages for both river and lake fishing.
- Kayak Fish PA, LLC will provide quality lures and baits to match the fishing conditions and tactics that we will teach on your guided trip/class.
- Protecting our natural resources is a top priority. We practice 100% catch and release on bass during Guided Kayak Fishing Classes.
* If you bring you own kayak, we will inspect your kayak and gear prior to leaving the launch to make sure it is in good working order. Your safety is our highest priority.
Guided Kayak Fishing Class Rates for 2013 (one-on-one instruction)
To schedule your “one-on-one” Guided Kayak Fishing Class call 814-360-7789
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
The one-on-one format offers the ability to customize our Kayak Fishing Curriculum to match your specific learning objectives and needs. The format also maximizes the opportunity for one-one one coaching.
|8 hour Guided Kayak Fishing Class||$300*|
* A shuttle fee will be added to the base rate listed. Shuttle fees will vary depending on the section of river you choose to float. Shuttle fees range from $20-$40. Using a shuttle provider allows us to get you on the water faster in the morning and at the end of the day your vehicle is waiting for you at the take out point. This allows us to spend more time on the water fishing and less time moving vehicles around to set up the float.
Guided Kayak Fishing Class Rates for 2013 (Group Class Setting)
Please see schedule below for the group class dates and rates. Check back frequently because class dates will be added depending on demand. We will certainly be scheduling group classes for July, August, September, and October so check back.
To register for our “group” Guided Kayak Fishing Classes listed below call 814-360-7789
Reservation and Cancellation Policy (note: a $100 deposit per individual is required for our group classes)
The group class setting is great for those who enjoy learning in a team environment. A significant amount of research regarding “learning” indicates that many individuals learn best in groups. That being said, you’ll still get lots of individual coaching because classes are limited to three kayak anglers.
Please Note: Depending on my availability, I will do group classes outside the schedule listed below but you must guarantee three students. This is great for a group of friends or members of a fishing club.
Susquehanna River classes are taught in the Harrisburg, PA area. Juniata River Classes typically use Huntingdon, PA as the base of operations. Juniata River classes are best for new or inexperienced kayak anglers.
|Date||River||Cost Per Person||Space Remaining (max 3 students)|
|Saturday, April 20, 2013||Susquehanna||$195||1|
|Saturday, April 27, 2013||Susquehanna||$195||2|
|Saturday, May 11, 2013||Juniata||$185||2|
|Saturday, June 8, 2013||Juniata||$185||1|
| Kayak Fishing Boot Camp
|July 13, 2013||Susquehanna||$195||Full|
|July 27, 2013||Susquehanna||$195||Full|
|Saturday, August 10, 2013||Susquehanna||$195||3|
|Saturday, August 24, 2013||Susquehanna||$195||3|
*Kayak Fish PA, LLC reserves the right to cancel or move the location of courses. Typical reasons would be water conditions or projected weather conditions. A minimum of 2 registered Kayak Anglers is required for a group class to be offered.
Preparing for Class
Below you’ll find a list of resources you should review prior to arriving for your Guided Kayak Fishing Class. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.
|Preparing for Class||Download|